Thursday, November 8, 2012

Something a little different...

4"x4" :: Two Apples :: oil on gesso board with black gesso
Please notice - this painting is only 4 in x 4in, not my usual 6in x 6in size! This is a demo from my class, of a painting exercise that I call Find Your Brushstrokes. I am making this exercise into an ArtByte so that I can share this fun and valuable exercise with artists who would like to make their brushstrokes really work for them. The exercise involves using as few brushstrokes as possible and lots of paint, to make a small painting. It ends up looking sort of like a color Notan, because there are just two values for each object - light and dark.
Hopefully I will get the "Find Your Brushstrokes" Art Byte finished by Monday!

Click Here to view or buy this painting - Something A Little Different, on Daily Paintworks website